How to Position Your Shop to Recruit Top Technicians
Five words – top techs want top technology.
Not only is it difficult to find great talent, but knowing how to position your shop so that top techs want to work for you creates a challenge in itself. Industry rockstars Jay Goninen, Co-Founder and President, Find A Wrench & WrenchWay, Phil Carpenter, Director of Operations, Urban Autocare, and Kenneth Greffin, President & COO, Aspen Auto Clinic synced up to share some of their best practices, including the use of shop management software.
Technology Drives Efficiency
Top techs take pride in their efficiency and want to produce quality work quickly. Using antiquated software – having to switch between devices and write up the same ticket over and over again – slows a tech down and impacts productivity. When you have processes in place that are backed by innovative technology, it could be the deciding factor when seeking their next employment opportunity.
Both Urban Autocare and Aspen Auto Clinic have nailed down a great system for recruiting and retaining talented techs, but it hasn’t been an easy road.
In this webinar, they share how to:
- Diversify where you are recruiting
- Play the long game (always on the lookout for new recruits)
- Make your shop stand out in job postings
- Gauge an applicant’s mechanical aptitude
- Leverage video interviews to make sure applicants’ values align with the culture of your shop
- Grow your pipeline of talented technicians through apprenticeship programs
Once you find them, here are some tips on how to keep your valued mechanics.
Get the latest in your inbox.
15 minutes will transform your shop.
Demo the industry’s leading shop management technology.