Entrust Your Digital Workflow to Your Auto Shop Software
Shops run best when auto repair software and digital workflow systems tend to the daily details. That way, humans can take care of solving the problems under the hood and dealing with customers.
In other words, invest your time where it’s needed most. When your shop management software follows the repair process, it keeps communication about every RO flowing smoothly.
Delegate the details to a digital workflow
You could spend much of your day on details that distract you from a focus on growing your customer base. However, wise business owners know when to let go and work ‘on’ the shop, not ‘in’ it.
What does “letting go” look like?
A digital workflow keeps track of each repair order on a computer screen rather than a paper file. That electronic file stays at the front counter and can go out to the automotive technician or the customer.
Shop-Ware tracks when repair orders need attention and notifies staff in real-time. That way, you minimize distractions while you maximize staff’s attention to your most profitable task: fixing cars. Let the computer worry about adjusting pricing with the Parts GP Optimizer and which bay has open hours with Capacity. As a result, you have free time to focus on the people side of the business.
Transfer tasks to coworkers with a click
Do you ever count your steps in a day? We’re constantly on our feet between moving cars and running keys from the bay to the front counter.
There’s an easier way to share information when you have a digital workflow set up with your auto shop software.
Instead, save time and money by forwarding a file from a tablet or smartphone in a bay to the front counter. The same works when service advisors switch techs between ROs. For instance, you could easily send all the files and previous communications digitally so everyone stays in the loop. Each person can quickly click on the link to the RO and update it with their notes.
Those minutes of walking around really add up. Rather than rack up miles, make the most of every minute. That way, you can squeeze in one or two more repairs on a day.
Gauge your day at a glance
The right auto shop software makes it easy to see where you stand each day. Consequently, you can work around bottlenecks and shuffle techs as needed.
Ideally, you want to get an overview of all ROs in the workflow all on one screen. Shop-Ware’s color-coded labels clearly show you if you’re:
- following orders to ‘just fix it’
- dealing with a new, repeat, or gold-level customer
- waiting for approval
- doing an oil change service
- providing a loaner car
- servicing a vintage car
- giving a first responder discount
- and more!
Track the status of every repair
In the following columns, gather high-level information, such as:
- Status – This informs all staff if the RO is a work in progress, waiting for parts, complete, etc. So, you can quickly answer customers’ questions or ask for payment as soon as the work is done.
- Notes – This notifies staff or customers of updates about customer preferences or additional recommendations. Moreover, it can tell you which marketing channel brought this person to you in the first place.
- Number of services – This provides a bulleted list of what work is approved so techs can work through each item at a time.
- Billed hours – These numbers update you on how close you are to your daily totals. Likewise, they help you monitor if you’ll reach this vital KPI to gauge staff productivity.
- % of work done – This allows staff to update customers with ease when they check in. It also guides their decisions, such as when to assign the next job to a tech who has free time.
With the right workflow, auto repair shops can easily follow which advisors are producing the most. The data arising from a digital workflow also tells you which customers are eating up the most hours.
While people may be too much to add up these numbers, auto shop software runs it in the background. At the end of the day, it can feed you these and other vital data points in easy-to-interpret summaries.
That way, you can really focus on the big picture, knowing the details are well in hand.
Get the latest in your inbox.
15 minutes will transform your shop.
Demo the industry’s leading shop management technology.